Tailgate features Alan’s best friend, John Dunnigan, a most amazing musician who is of the same caliber as the legendary musicians that generations have applauded. He learned to play the guitar as a child because his dad played well and the guitar was always in a corner waiting for him to play it. He writes his own fine music and keeps his albums acoustic and loose-sounding. The highly humorous album “Censored” has 12 songs of which half was written by John. He lives in Montana with his family and spends his leisure time fishing, his favorite pastime. He performs throughout Montana and the Northwest mostly at fairs, and at corporate events, weddings, schools, and other venues.
His voice and his instrument blend in perfect music. Indeed, John Dunnigan can sing a song so beautiful he can make you cry; and he can blurt out a joke in another moment to make you laugh. His music can make you think, laugh, and sing or dance along.
John has 5 music albums and he sang excerpts from about 7 singles in this episode. You’ll love the fine, heart-warming music of John and more:
- His humorous anecdotes
- Listen to him sing his fine songs
- Listen to him sing his humorous songs
- John shares his life with you
- John sings his cover tunes
- His hospitalization changed the way he played his guitar and music…but the quality never changed.
- His advice to fans: 1 ) Play the game a little bit, but be true to your own soul and your music, and 2) Work hard, stay late, but have fun doing it.