Cody Beebe has an authentic sound and depth of soul to his music. Originally from the state of Washington, he received a civil engineering degree, but then decided to follow his heart to become a musician. He has since performed in 30 states and 5 foreign countries and is the creator of the band, Cody Beebe and the Crooks, along with a few others. He runs his own video production company and a metal print business. You might call him an artist and you might call him an entrepreneur; you would likely be correct on both counts! Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why Cody said NO to civil engineering and following the inspiration from his uncle
- How the economic crisis pushed him onto the road with his music.
- How Cody got his band
- The best part of traveling on the road
- Cody shares a hilarious story of playing music in the bathroom of a hotel suite! It really happened!
- “Good impressions are critical!”
- Cody’s favorite song that he wrote
- Cody explains how Chinook Fest began and how it’s grown into the huge event that it is today.
- Cody’s unique partnership with the Grandview School District
- Cody explains how artists have to create value before people will pay you for what you’re worth.
- The issues facing performers, like drugs and alcohol, can blow huge opportunities—and have done that for many.
- The thing talent buyers look for that will keep you out of the business
- “You don’t need to run through the wall; just keep pushing on it.”
- Find Cody at http://www.codybeebeandthecrooks.com. Find out more about Chinook Fest at http://www.chinookfest.com, and find Cody’s music on iTunes!