Kristen Johnson and Kevin Ridgeway are interviewed on the show today by Elisa Hayes, who knows all too well about life-changing accidents. Talk about people with phenomenal character! Today’s guests are two of the greatest people you will ever meet, and their story is inspiring! Kevin and Kristen are entertainers in a show called Lady Houdini, which is a show featuring escape-type routines. Kristen is known as Lady Houdini, and Kevin emcees the show. They do between 270-300 shows per year, and because their show is so physical, the two train vigorously in order to maintain top physical shape.
In January of 2016, Kristen and Kevin were in a horrible automobile accident. They had been stopped at a red light and proceeded when the light changed to green. A 17-year-old, texting while driving, blew through a red light and hit them on the driver’s side. It was at that moment their lives changed. Kristen says it was like the world stopped turning. Each of them sustained catastrophic injuries.
More in this episode:
- Kevin and Kristen share details about their life-changing accident.
- Emotions run high because the two were taken to different hospitals.
- Tremendous body trauma
- Months of hospitalization and rehabilitation
- Doubts and fear turn to determination
- Kristen and Kevin describe their show and how/when their message shifted.
- Back to work with an empowering message for others
- Dedicating a show segment to speak about the dangers of distracted driving
- Grateful for the generosity of others
- Grateful to be able to continue to share their lives with each other.
Pacific Animal Productions, our sponsor/proceeds go to scholarship funding
Lady Houdini website
Lady Houdini’s Facebook page
Ridgeway and Johnson Entertainment
Lady Houdini’s Instagram Page
Elisa’s podcast, Letters To My Daughter